Well to be fair its not Madison county. But I’m in Madison Wisconsin now. The home of Schwinn and GT bikes, Saris-Cycleops – the makers of PowerTap. And Waterloo is nearby, where you find Trek, well Greg Lemond until recently and Gary Fisher etc, etc. Its kind of bike mecca here in a lot of ways. Milwaukee is 1hr away where ‘the’ SuperWeek has taken place for 30years and just wrapped up a week ago or something.
I rode for 1.5 hrs today with David and Sheri. We rode slow, real slow and it was hot and humid. Tomorrow I’m doing another ride on Dave’s Moots ‘breakaway’ titanium bike. With David, Jenni, Sheri, Mary, Ian and some other people I’m sure.
* I saw Jesse James Garret in Vancouver on the way here.
* YVR now tops my list of least favourite airports to depart from
* I still can’t stand how much crap people try to bring on the plane with them, and I wish the airlines would implement strict carry on rules
* Minneapolis – again – tops my list of favourite US airports to travel through.
* Don’t get full insurance coverage on a rental car, its more than the rental